Pierburg production portfolio
Pierburg focuses on innovative solutions to support systems for diesel and petrol engines. The products are intended mainly for sub-systems focused on reduction of emissions and air intake management. Pierburg is sought after by customers as a supplier of the technical design of engine innovations, especially in combination with new emission limits and new engine efficiency requirements.
FTIV (Fuel Tank Isolation Valve)
- The FTIV is a normally closed valve, which can be electrically opened on demand by the control unit of the vehicle.
- It is equipped with mechanical bypass function, to balance the pressure inside the vehicle fuel tank in case of over-pressure or negative pressure inside the tank.
The plastic cover
- The plastic cover is part of various products manufactured in Ústí nad Labem such as EGR LP, actuators (EAMs) and throttle bodies.
- One of its functions is to watertightly close the compartment area of the shaft with a magnet, a DC motor and its gears.
- Another function is to provide the shaft position information to the control unit of the vehicle, thanks to the mounted position sensor, which is resistance welded and fixed by the casting compound.
This information is transmitted via connector.